Dear VetRide Member / Affiliate,
You are invited to join our ANZAC DAY Live-Stream Event on ANZAC DAY Saturday 25 April 2010 commencing at 12-noon sharp.
The Event will last only 10 minutes but it will include:
– A Welcome Address, Reflection & Prayer led by Cadet Chaplain, VetRide member, and serving Army WO2 Darren Thomas
– A text based ‘Chat Room’ feature which will be active from 11.35am to 12.30pm.
Weather permitting, Darren is hoping to Live Stream from the Victorian Shrine of Remembrance which, I’m sure you will agree, will add to the solemnity of the occasion.
Feel free to use the ‘Chat Room’ feature to write a “Hello” to your mates that might be participating and share some ANZAC DAY banter. Use ‘Chat’ to tell us what you think about the Event and to ask us any VetRide related questions. Note that ‘Chat’ can be viewed by all participants.
A link to particpate has been distibuted via email; if you have not received it please send an email to the committee requesting an invite.
Upon clicking the weblink, your smartphone/computer web-browser (for example, Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome) should automatically open and take you to the VetRide Zoom Live-Stream Event page. You do not need to download the Zoom App or enter meeting ID or Passwords.
Initially, you will be placed in a Virtual ‘Waiting Room’ from where you will be electronically admitted to the ‘Event’ by the event host. Event admission will be from 11.35am. You should aim to join the Event by no later than 11.50am to be ready for the start.
The Event will be a great opportunity for the VetRide community to connect as one family to mark ANZAC DAY, using technology of the day, at a time when our ANZAC DAY routines and traditions are challenged by the COVID-19 Corona Virus pandemic.
The timing of this Event will allow you to ‘participate’ in the National Dawn Service celebrations (for example, watching the Canberra Ceremony on ABC TV), attend our Virtual Event, and then tuck into an “Isolation BBQ and a Beer’ in the afternoon. How good is that!
You are requested:
2. Mute your microphones, but switch on your video so that we can all see one another. You will be able to see others, but not talk to others. The idea is that you will hear the official broadcast only. If you switch on your microphone everyone will hear you and you will interrupt the ceremony.
At the end of the short ceremony, the Event will be automatically ended by the Event host.
1. Make sure you have a ‘live’/active internet connection for your smartphone or computer
2. If connecting via wifi in you own home make sure you are positioned close to your router/modem (minimise the number of walls in-between)
3. If connecting via smartphone good reception is not as important, but 4G is a minimum.
We hope to see you there.
Your VetRide Committee